All psychics and those with intuitive awareness are what can be considered empaths, or those who are sensitive to perceiving and receiving other people’s energy.
With this keen sensitivity and sensibility that allows us to read other people’s energy fields, it can become easy to take on too much external energy, which can lead to feeling overstimulated.
Even seemingly simple things like poor nutrition, lack of sleep, or too much noise, can make us feel off balance.
The good news is, there are many ways to prevent and counteract these effects of your psychic sensitivity, that are healthy and easy to incorporate into everyday life! Here are a few tips!
Grounding is one of the Most Effective ways to Manage your Psychic Sensitivity
It can’t be overstated how important and beneficial grounding is, for everyone really, but especially for those of us with psychic sensitivity.
When you’re open to divine guidance and actively receiving it, all your upper chakras are activated and helping to lift up your energy field and consciousness to receive wisdom from the higher realms.
This can quite literally take your spirit out of your body, and grounding is an important way to get back down to Earth after using your psychic gifts or playing in the astral realms.
Grounding is also the simplest way to quickly de-stress and release any negative or overstimulated energy you may have collected from your thoughts, experiences and interactions throughout the day.
Using grounding techniques is also a great way to help you establish and connect with your own energy field. You can use them to create energetic boundaries before you interact with Spirit, people, or even answer an email, so that you can be sure you’ll be able to respond from centeredness, rather than react from a state of imbalance, in any situation.
Here are 5 easy ways to ground yourself, to help manage your psychic sensitivity:
- Get your bare feet on the grass, dirt or some piece of the Earth, in order to ground the electricity in your body and connect you back to the support of nature
- Take a walk out in nature. Breathe. Get your heart rate up. Observe and notice the world around you. Practice presence and staying connected to your breath, and the moment right in front of you.
- Do a grounding meditation visualizing roots coming from the bottom of your feet, and connecting to the center of the Earth. You can release any stress, anxiety or overstimulation into the ground, through those roots, and also use them to bring that stable Earth energy back up into your body, where you can use it!
- Take a shower or bath. Wash the dishes by hand. Get into a body of water. Drink more water! Water is both grounding and nurturing, helping to bring you back into balance within yourself and connect with your emotional sensitivity. It can also be conducive to receiving psychic guidance as its a strong conductor of energy.
- Using tools like grounding crystals and certain essential oils and flower essences can affect your energy field in subtle ways, to ground and protect you psychically and enhance the power you already have within. Do your research to find which tools you’re drawn to!
Are you psychically sensitive?
I am attuned to working with our particular energy and have learned many ways over the years in how to deal with my own psychic sensitivity. I love to help others discover and grow their own intuitive gifts. CLICK HERE to learn about my psychic intuitive coaching where I can help you learn to work with and develop your own intuition.
If you’d like to book a psychic intuitive or mediumshio reading with me CLICK HERE.