Many people today are looking for meaning and purpose in their lives. Their search for answers, may cause them to seek out a psychic intuitive or spiritual counselor. If you are curious, here are ten things that you can expect when you make an appointment for a spiritual counseling session. (Please note that psychic intuitive, spiritual counselor, and psychic are all used interchangeably in this blog post).
1. Expect you will need an open mind. The surest way to sabotage your session is to insist that you will only believe the psychic if they say specific things. Expect to let go and let the reading be what it’s going to be. You should walk away feeling good about your session. Sometimes, you may not like what you hear.. Come prepared to think outside the box.
2. Expect that if your friend had a great reading with a spiritual counselor, it’s very likely your session will also go great. However, there is no guarantee that your session will go as well. You and your friend are different people with different styles.. When a reading goes well sometimes, it’s because the readee is more relaxed and open because he or she relates to the reader’s style. Psychic counselors don’t connect with every person who walks in the door. Speak up if you don’t think they’re connecting with you.
3. Expect to tell the reader very little until it’s time to ask questions. You want the intuitive to give you unbiased insights. The more you tell the counselor about yourself and your situation, the less they can tell you. You don’t want to walk away from your reading thinking they were just repeating what you told them. Some people are naturally chatty and want to volunteer information because they think it’s helpful for the reader to have more background information. In fact, you need to be listening more than talking. Be open to what you’re hearing without saying, “NO” too quickly. You could be hearing another perspective.
4. Expect that you won’t be able to control the content of the session. There is a reason why you came in for spiritual counseling. Why you came and the questions you have should be addressed at some point in the reading. However, the initial focus needs to be based on your reader’s intuitions and spiritual guides. Afterall, you made your appointment because you wanted guidance that came from outside your own thoughts. When you’re listening to a reading, you should be hearing only what that psychic is receiving. You shouldn’t be hearing their personal opinions or any embellishing information.
5. Expect to cover a range of conscious and unconscious issues. The focus of the session is to zero in on the mental, emotional, spiritual, financial and physical life challenges you’re facing today. Expect that the spiritual guidance you receive will be down to earth and practical – not woo-woo. You’ll be hearing plenty of information that hits home with you. You may hear a different viewpoint that allows you to see situtations in a whole new light.
6. Expect that if you took the time to find a well respected psychic, your psychic has integrity in their readings. When they reading for you, they’re not fishing and waiting for you to bite. They’re using their intuitive and spiritual gifts, honed through meditation, prayer and healing work, to give you spiritual guidance. The information you receive isn’t coming from the psychic; it’s coming through them. Having said that, know that your reader is human and may misinterpret an image he or she sees, or words they hear.
7. Expect to feel clearer as the session goes on. Worries, fears, and anxiety, may be distorting your perceptions. You may also be projecting your “stuff” onto others and vice versa. Your psychic should be able to give you insights that help to calm your mind and quiet your fears. You should feel more resolved and at peace at the end of your reading.
8. Expect to have emotional issues such as numbing your feelings come up in your reading. If you’re afraid to confront something or someone in your life, you may have shut down emotionally and left things unresolved. According to a core belief in alternative medicine, unresolved negative emotions may cause illness. Expect unresolved issues to come up in the session. Let your reader know if there are areas that you’d prefer not to get into. Do know that intuitively or through guides it may be that they are given information that is exactly what they have to talk about with you.
9. Expect to walk out of the session feeling saner than you did when you walked in. You’ll also find as you work with the psychic, if the intuitive information resonates with you, and your intuition hasn’t been reliable lately, a good intuitive session gives your intuition a boost so it feels like you can trust it again.
10. Expect that no matter what you hear in an intuitive or spiritual counseling session, YOU will have to take responsibility for your choices and decisions. You may reorder your priorities as a result of what you heard. You are free to implement all, some, or none of what you heard in your reading.